- When is the application due? What is the application fee? Hide
Our online Application for the Class of 2017 is due no later than December 14, 2012. It cannot be submitted after this date. The Application fee is $75.00 payable by credit card.
- What are the criteria for admission to Saint Francis High School? Hide
The Admissions Committee considers the following:
- Grades from 7th and 8th Grade
- School and Teacher Recommendations
- Entrance Exam (HSPT) Scores
- Student Involvement Survey
- How many students apply to Saint Francis each year? Hide
Saint Francis generally receives 1300-1400 applications for a projected freshman class of 450 students.
- How do I sign up for the High School Placement Test (HSPT)? Hide
The test signup is included in the online application. Once your application is submitted, you are automatically signed up for your test date if you are testing at Saint Francis High School. Your student needs to arrive at the testing site no later than 8:45 a.m. and the test is over at 12:15 p.m.
Please remember, if you are NOT testing at Saint Francis, you need to register directly with the school at which you are taking the exam.
- When are the acceptance letters mailed? Hide
March 15, 2013. All the schools in the San Jose Diocese mail their letters on this date. A copy of the HSPT results will be mailed with the decision letter.
- What are the dates for the High School Placement Test (HSPT)? Hide
January 12 and 26, 2013 are the dates Saint Francis gives the test. The test may be offered on different dates at different locations in the San Francisco Diocese. Remember that your student can only take the test one time. Be sure to register directly with the school at which you are taking the exam.
- When is the financial aid application due? Hide
Applications are due in the Saint Francis High School Business Office February 6, 2013. Applications are available beginning Oct. 21, 2012. Contact the Business Office directly (650 968-1213, ext. 440) for more information.
- What is the school’s ratio of Catholic and non-Catholic students? Hide
Saint Francis maintains a 70/30 ratio between Catholic and non-Catholic students.
- What is the school’s ratio of boys and girls? Hide
Saint Francis maintains a 50/50 ratio between boys and girls.