High School Placement Test (HSPT) for the Class of 2018
The HSPT is offered on two designated Saturdays - Jan. 11 and Jan. 25, 2014.
- Applicants applying to more than one Catholic high school in the San Jose, Oakland or San Francisco Dioceses may take the exam only once.
- The HSPT administered throughout the San Jose Diocese is the same test administered by the San Francisco Diocese and the results may be shared with those schools.
To address the issue of choice, Catholic high schools in the San Jose Diocese are asking that students take the HSPT at the high school that they would most like to attend in the fall.
How to Register for the HSPT
- Registration for the HSPT is part of our online application.
- You will automatically be registered at Saint Francis when we receive your completed application. You will not receive a confirmation.
- Indicate where and when the applicant will take the test. If you plan to take the test at a site other than Saint Francis, you must register directly with that alternate site.
- Remember that the test may be taken only once.
- Students may also take the test in the San Francisco and Oakland Dioceses and have the results sent to us.
The Testing Day
Saint Francis will administer the HSPT Saturday, Jan. 11 and Saturday, Jan. 25, 2014.
- The exam will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. and end at 12:15 p.m.
- Be sure to arrive by 8:45 a.m.
- All testing materials will be provided.
- Calculators are NOT permitted.
Qualifying placement exams for admitted and enrolled students
- April 5, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- April 12, 2014 from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Saint Francis High School administers qualifying placement exams to ensure that our incoming students are placed appropriately in classes where they will be challenged and have the opportunity to find academic success. These tests are administered to incoming freshmen in April of their 8th grade year. Tests are given for English 1-Accelerated, Geometry or higher-level math, level 2 or higher in Spanish, French or Chinese.
Students are invited to take these exams based on their performance on the HSPT. More information about these exams will be included in your acceptance packet mailed home in the spring.