The Holy Cross Service Program is a Saint Francis High School graduation requirement. As such, we must verify completion of the required hours for every student. The following guidelines are used for the verification process.
- New for 2012-2013 school year, students will be requred to enter their service records into the new Service Records System. The new system will allow students visibility of their hours at any time. Training will be available at the beginning of the school year. Verification forms will still be required.
- All hours must involve the student working in direct contact with people who are disadvantaged in some way. We believe that the experience of working with disadvantaged people (i.e. tutoring, serving in a soup kitchen etc.) is very different than doing projects for them (i.e. food drives, stocking shelves, etc.).
- All hours must be completed off campus. We believe that students have a different experience in an environment that is not familiar on a daily basis.
- Verification of completed service is turned into Campus Ministry on the completed "Holy Cross Christian Service Project Verification Form."
- All forms must be accompanied by a business card or official document from the agency or organization - this cannot be a printout from the website. A letter from the agency or organization where the student worked is also acceptable. If the student turns in a letter it must be on the agency's letterhead and must contain the full name of the student, the dates & hours worked, the kind of duties performed, the name, signature and phone number of the person who supervised the student. If any of these are missing, the verification is not complete and credit is not given.
- Falsifying verification of service will result in zero hours and referral to the Dean
- Service hours may be completed during the summer.
- Each Agency has its own rules. Students must call in advance for an appointment. The Students must abide by the agency's rules or the student may be denied credit.