Confirmation at Saint Francis High School
Saint Francis High School offers this program to Catholic students who are Senior Holy Cross Men and Women. The program is meant to serve those students who missed or are not enrolled in their parish’s Confirmation program. It is not meant as an alternative to Confirmation in the parish.
As a participant in this program the student must complete the requirements, supply required records and be enrolled Christian Spirituality.
Questions? Please call Laura Martin-Spencer in Campus Ministry (650) 968-1213 ext. 201.
Confirmation Program Requirements
- Baptized Roman Catholic who has received First Communion
- Practicing Roman Catholic. This means regular attendance at mass in a parish on Sunday. We also strongly encourage you to attend the youth group at your parish.
- Intend to continue to practice your faith through prayer and a life committed to the gospel of Christ
- Senior student
- Recommendations from your religious studies teacher and your Parish Pastor
- Your original Baptismal certificate with parish seal imprinted. (We will return it to you.)
- A readable copy of your First Communion certificate (original not needed)
- A signed copy of the “Pastor’s Permission Form” (in packet)
- The completed Application form for Confirmation (in packet)
- A written recommendation from current Religious Studies teacher (in packet)
- Signed permission slip for the Confirmation Workshop (in packet)
- $200 non-refundable program fee (includes workshop, but not additional retreat)
- Overnight Confirmation Workshop at Presentation Retreat Center in January, check the calendar for specific dates. Students will miss two school days for this workshop.
- One retreat during the school year before confirmation
- Mandatory lunchtime meetings and the Confirmation Workshop. These cannot be “made up” at any time. You may not miss any session.
- Collaboration Liturgy: Date TBD
- Confirmation ceremony
- Enrollment in Christian Spirituality.