Guidelines for Repeating Courses in Summer School
Posted March 2
It is strongly recommended that any student with a final semester grade below a "C-" enrolls in a summer school course. This applies to BOTH semester final grades, and the following conditions apply. Please download the Saint Francis Summer School Guidelines for details.
Students with final first semester grades below a "C-" should register for summer school as soon as possible.
Students with second semester grades below a "C-" at 6-weeks and 12-weeks should continue to monitor their grades through the Edline system, but also register for summer school in early spring to ensure a spot IN CASE a course needs to be repeated.
· An “F” grade in a required course must be made up before a student can return to Saint Francis High School in the fall
· Four year colleges do not accept “D” or “F” grades in required courses such as English, Math, Sciences, Foreign Languages and History
· Although a “D” satisfies the Saint Francis graduation requirement as a passing grade, it is not a college recommending mark
· Students with multiple “D’s” or “F’s” in a semester are required to take at least one course in the Saint Francis High School summer school program. Additional courses may be taken through BYU Independent Study, Laurel Springs School, or School for Independent Learners.
· Science courses must be taken in a classroom-based program, to ensure the completion of labs; science courses may not be repeated online due to the lab component