Daily Announcements Thursday, March 22, 2012
Posted March 22
Today is a Gold 1 Day Schedule
- Attention all Homeroom Reps: At this time you need to empty the brown recycle bins from your classroom into the big bins in the hallway.
- Attention Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors: Please be sure to check your email over the next few days for the course request verification form. This form must be printed, signed by your parents and turned into the Counseling Office next week. The due date will be in the email.
- Attention all Sophomores: Sophomore Service is due on Friday, March 30. (Please Repeat)
- Junior Prom bids are on sale today at lunch. Bids will be sold at lunch through next Tuesday, March 27. Bids are $115 per couple, which includes dinner and dance. Meal choices include steak, chicken or pasta. Remember, you must have your drug and alcohol form signed before you can purchase a bid. You can download the form from the school’s website under the “dances” link. Look for us tomorrow on the Cafeteria porch. See Mr. Raines if you have any questions.
- Hey, if you were a transformer, you'd be Optimus FINE! If you enjoy geeky puns, you should come to CAMLs today during lunch, Rooms 303 and 305. You should also drop by Room 303 after school tomorrow to help make Eastergrams! Even if you don't, you can buy Eastergrams to share some love with a friend, during both lunches next week!
- Attention all International Showcase performers for the Fashion Show. Please come to Graham Theater at 6:00 p.m. tonight for a mandatory rehearsal.
- If you are interested in joining the tech crew for this year's spring musical, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, please see Ms. Stapleton in the main office for an application.
- Attention AP Students - this is your final week to get your AP invoices to Ms. Chenette in the front office and avoid late fees. Next week, there will be a $10 late fee assessed, per exam.
- Pictures from the Sadies Dance are in! Remember for group pictures, only the person with their name on the receipt can pick up the pictures.
- Attention all seniors. Summer at Saint Francis is now accepting applications for summer TA positions. The application is on the school webpage. Click on "Academics," then click on "Summer School," and you will find all the materials you need. Please see Mr. Danna or Ms. Walsh with any questions.
- Join the Console Gaming Club and Board Game Club this Friday after school in the Cafeteria. Join us for our normal complement of games plus new arrival Soul Caliber 5. We'll play until 4:30 p.m.
- Here is your “Street Eats” Update! Lancer Café is serving Beef Broccoli served over Steamed Organic White Rice.
- Remember help is just around the corner. CSF Tutors are available today after school in Portable 4 until 3:30 p.m.
- The JV Golf Team battled hard but came up short against St. Ignatius Tuesday at Shoreline. Evan Sheahan led the scoring for the Lancers. Timothy Goo, Justin Lau and Eddie Kennedy also turned in strong performances. The boys face SI again next Thursday at Sharp Park Golf Course.
- Students traveled to Leland High School for the Individual Events California State Qualifier this weekend. Amid brutal competition, the Lancers represented well.
- In Original Oratory, juniors Marisha Kazi, Misty Li and Alyssa Vandenberg all qualified for State. In Original Advocacy, first year Nicholas Hargis qualified to State. Along with junior Sristi Jain in Congressional Debate, the Lancers qualified 5 students to State. Congratulate them when you see them.
- On Tuesday, both Girls’ and Boys’ Varsity Swimming defeated Sacred Heart Prep Menlo Park. Girls’ 100 – 70, Boys’ 94-76.
- Varsity Golf defeated Saint Ignatius by 5 shots Tuesday. The Lancers shot their second best score of the year!
- Saint Francis Boys Tennis Team defeated Archbishop Riordan 7-0. #1 Singles John Colford defeated Domingo and Bae 6-1, 6-1. #1 Doubles Nick Martitsch and Mike Tripaldi defeated Tino and Fernando 6-0, 6-0. The team also defeated Valley Christian 5-2 .#1 Singles Neel Ramachandran lost to Bryce McKelvie 6-2, 6-3. #1 Doubles Matt Wozniak and Joey Arra def Oscar Lee and Matt Abramson 7-5, 6-1.
- Way to go Lancers!
- Here is your Intramural Update!
- The Activities Office and Intramural Sports are taking signups for our Ping Pong Challenge. All students interested in our "Ping Pong Challenge" Single-Elimination Singles and Doubles Tournament, go to the Activities Office to sign up for the upcoming tournament, starting Monday. Entries end tomorrow, so start practicing now. Sign up in the Activities Office at your lunch period and "get your serve on!"