Daily Announcements Friday, March 30, 2012
Posted March 30
Today is an Activity 2 Day Schedule
- Here’s an important message FROM THE MOUNTAIN VIEW POLICE: April is National Distracted Driver Awareness Month. It is illegal to use a non-hands free communication devices or text while driving a motor vehicle. During the month of April the Mountain View Police Department will be making an extra effort to enforce the related laws and keep everyone safe. Please do not use non-hands free communication devices or text while driving. This includes driving through the school parking lot . Do not text or use your cell phone. You put everyone at risk by doing this!
- Attention all Sophomores: Sophomore Service is due TODAY!! (Please Repeat)
- Attention Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors: Please be sure to check your email over the next few days for the course request verification form. This form must be printed, signed by your parents and turned into the Counseling Office by today. The due date will be in the email.
- Junior and Sophomore Course Verification Sheets for next year's classes are past due. Turn forms in ASAP to Counseling Portable A if you have not done so already. Freshman Course Verifications are due TODAY. ALL required AP/Honors contracts must be attached or your form will be returned. Any requests for course changes MUST BE SUBMITTED TODAY.
- BRIC Brothers, Just a reminder - Brotherhood Day is tomorrow, March 31 in the park.
- Attention Seniors: The representative from Josten’s will be on campus today at lunch to deliver Senior Graduation Announcements. Look for the yellow tent on Raskob Porch at lunch.
- All Interact Club members should remember to turn in their sold iPad 3 raffle tickets and money to Ms. Thomas in Room 103 after school Monday or latest Tuesday morning before school. The raffle for the iPad 3 will be held during announcements on Tuesday. Any students who wish to purchase a chance at winning an iPad 3 should see an Interact Club member or Ms. Thomas in Room 103.
- Attention Saint Francis Community: Saint Francis will be hosting its first Saint Francis Student Film Festival on Wednesday, May 2. If you want to submit a film, your film must be responsible and professional and between 2 and 12 minutes. Categories include Action, Drama, Comedy, Documentary, Animation, Music Video and Experimental. Film submissions are due by Monday, April 23. Applications are available in the Activities Office.
- Still don't have a date to prom? Math Club is here to help! Try this pick-up line: I’m attracted to you like the Earth is attracted to the Sun - with a large force inversely proportional to the distance squared. In fact, you're hotter than a Bunsen burner set to full power. Not only that, but we fit together like the sticky ends of recombinant DNA. So, I want our love to be like pi...irrational and never-ending.
- Attention all students! Come join us for a FREE Hip Hop Workshop led by the founder of Creators Unlocked, an organization which strives to unlock creative potential through art, community, & hip hop! NO EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED; ALL ARE WELCOME! The Workshop is today after school at 2:30 p.m. in the Cafeteria. Spread the word and bring your friends! Hope to see you there!
- Anyone interested in Wrestling next year, there will be a mandatory meeting in Room 302 today at 2:15 p.m. Once again, there is meeting for anyone wanting to Wrestle next year in Room 302 today after school at 2:15 p.m.
- Any student that would like information on “out of season” basketball workouts need to speak with Coach Motil. These workouts are not mandatory.
- Boys' Varsity Tennis Team defeated Mountain View High School 4-3 on Tuesday and Valley Christian yesterday 7-0. Great job boys!
- The JV Golf team came up short Wednesday against St. Ignatius at very wet Sharp Park Golf Course. Freshman Timothy Goo led the scoring for the Lancers. The JV team fell to the Bell’s Thursday at San Jose Muni. The Justin Lau led the scoring for the Lancers, with Evan Sheahan one shot behind. The boys take on Sacred Heart at Flemming Golf Course in San Francisco on Tuesday.
- Girls’ Varsity Track & Field beat Notre Dame Belmont Wednesday and put up some great performances: Lauren Johnson was 1st in both the 100 hurdles & the triple jump. Lauren broke the 26 year old school record in triple jump 2 weeks ago at the KBell Invitational. Marisa Padilla won the 200, Megan Benham won both the 300 hurdles & pole vault, Mary Data and Mariela Murillo continued their 1-2 punch in shot & disc by coming in 1st & 2nd again this week. And the 4x100 relay of Katie Garrity, Marisa Padilla, Jessica Roey & Emma Fitzpatrick won and then Jessica continued on to win the 100 meters as well. Congratulations girls!
- Girls’ JV Track & Field were defeated by Notre Dame Belmont yesterday, however there were still great marks by the Lancers, Maya Nowak continued her winning streak in 200 and Danielle Brown had a huge win in the 400m. Rachel Wilhelm won pole vault and placed 3rd in High Jump. Isabella Comin was first in discus and Hannah Nelson won the 3200. The 4x400 relay of Samantha Quijano, Maya Nowak, Jessica Drury and Daish Abdelkader ran to a very competitive win...great job!
- The Girls’ Varsity Swim Team defeated SI 116 – 70. Boys’ Varsity defeated SI 114 – 69. New School Record, Curtis Ogren 100 Back 52.52 - previous record: Patrick McCarthy '03 52.99. Way to go Lancers!
- Here is your Intramural Update!
- There will be no “Ping Pong Challenge” Tournament today due to the Liturgy Day Schedule. Our Co-Ed Single-Elimination “Ping Pong Challenge” Table Tennis tournament will commence on Tuesday ONLY next week.