Daily Announcements Monday, April 23, 2012
Posted April 23
Today is a Gold 2 Day Schedule
- Attention Seniors - today is the deadline for submitting college scholarship/honors information to the Counseling Office. Details are on the Guidance and Counseling website under the calendar listing for April 23.
- Attention Faculty - Saint Francis is hosting the College Admissions Case Studies program again this year on Thursday night - all classrooms will be used for this event. Check your Saint Francis email for details.
- Attention Juniors - if you are registered for the Case Studies Program - pick up your info packet in Counseling A if you have not done so already.
- Representatives from two IRISH universities will be in Portable 5 during Second Lunch on Tuesday for any Junior or Senior interested in colleges in Ireland. You can bring your lunch.
- The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee was a huge success! Do not miss the musical's final performances on Friday and Saturday at 7:00 p.m. Get your tickets today in front of the Cafeteria. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.
- Attention NHS Officers: There will be a joint NHS/FLHS officers meeting TUESDAY, APRIL 24 during 2nd Lunch in Portble1 to plan for the Induction Ceremony. Please grab your lunches beforehand.
- Attention NHS and FLHS Members: Board applications are now available! If you are interested in serving as an officer in either honor society next year, please pick up an application in Activities and return it there no later than FRIDAY, APRIL 27. Please direct questions about NHS to Ms. Nassir and questions about FLHS to Mrs. Safier. Elections will be held during the joint induction ceremony collaboration on May 3.
- Have too much on your PLATE? Well, get BREADy for some fun! InsBITE of all the craziness, Board Game Club will still be hosting a session this Friday after school in the Cafeteria. We BUTTER see you there!
- Attention Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors - Freshman Retreat Leader Applications have been sent to your Saint Francis email. If you are interested in being a Freshman Retreat leader for the class of 2016, complete the application and turn it in to Campus Ministry by Friday, May 4. See Mrs. Franco with any questions.
- The Melancholy Opus club will be holding its first ever Lancer Voices Poetry Slam Contest. The contest is a team contest, with teams made up of two to three students. There will be three rounds of poetry with a panel of judges made up from teachers, administrators, and students here at Saint Francis. Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place teams. If you’d like to compete the contest will be held at 6:00 p.m. in Graham Theater on May 8. Team sign-up sheets and contest details will be available in both Mr. Kunkel’s room and the Activities Office. Get your team together and sign up. Sign-ups will close this Friday, May 4, or when the contest is full. Contest space is a first come first serve basis. There is currently space for six more teams. Places are filling up quick, so get your signup sheets turned in ASAP!
- Hey, have you ever had an idea for a movie, but never got a chance to make one? Well, this is your chance! The inaugural Saint Francis Student Film Festival! The festival will be at 7:00 p.m. in Graham Theater on May 2, but if you want to submit a film, get it to Activities by TODAY and everyone will be watching on the silver screen!
- Attention iFamily Members: There will be a video conference with Mr. Conley’s daughter who currently lives in China this Friday, April 27 at the start of collaboration in Portable 2. Also, on Friday at 2:45 p.m. in Portable 2, 3 college students from China will be speaking about their education experiences in both China and America. All are welcome!
- The ABC Club will have a guest speaker in Room 501 after school Wednesday, April 25. All members should attend.
- Applications for the 2012 Spirit Squad are due to Ms. Pasquinelli by Friday. You can download the tryout packet, which includes the application, from the cheerleading section of the school website or pick one up in the Activities Office. Tryouts begin May 1.
- Attention all AP Students scheduled to take AP exams in May. Please mark your calendar for the following mandatory pre-administration session. If your last name starts with A thru L, you are scheduled for this Wednesday, April 25 at 7:45 a.m. in Malcom Center. If your last name starts with M thru Z, you are scheduled for this Friday, April 27 at 7:45 a.m. in Malcom Center. Please be sure to attend the session you are scheduled for.
- Guest passes for the Senior Ball are available in the Dean's Office. They are due the Wednesday before the dance. Please be sure to have your drug and alcohol agreement signed and ready to turn in when you purchase your bid. If your date is a Saint Francis student, please turn in your date's drug and alcohol agreement and yours when you purchase your bid. If you have any questions about dress code, please see Ms. Miller asap!
- Lancer Varsity Gymnastics defeated Los Altos 146.90 – 139.5. Good performances from Carrie Walters, Julia Foust, Kelsey Celaya, Amanda Tsukushi, Abby Purnell, Michelle Fong, Hannah Rogers, and Nikki Barsanti. Great Going Girls! Our next match is tomorrow against Lowell. Good Luck Ladies!
- Your Lancer Boys’ Volleyball team took third place in the Bellarmine Invitational this weekend. James Shaw and Elliot Low were named to the all-tournament team thanks to great performances by teammates Jimmy Frazier, Zac Matson, and Matt Larson. Tomorrow the boys will compete against the Bells at Bellarmine. Come out and support your team!
- Here is your Intramural Update!
- Our Co-Ed Single-Elimination Doubles Ping Pong Challenge tournament continues all week during both lunch periods in Gym 2. Contestants; find your partner and check in with your moderators at the start of your lunch period. You will be assigned an opponent to play; find them, and commence play. *Remember; if you signed up for the tournament, you must check in at the start of your lunch period. We will start defaulting players who miss their check in starting on Wednesday.
- Our Early Lunch tournament continues today starting at 10:40 a.m.
- Our Late Lunch tournament continues today starting at 12:25 p.m.
- Good luck to all Ping Pong Challenge Contestants!