Daily Announcements Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Posted April 24
Today is a Brown 1 Day Schedule
- Attention Faculty - Saint Francis is hosting the College Admissions Case Studies program again this year on Thursday night - all classrooms will be used for this event. Check your Saint Francis email for details.
- Attention Juniors - if you are registered for the Case Studies Program - pick up your info packet in Counseling A if you have not done so already.
- Representatives from two IRISH universities will be in Portable 5 during Second Lunch TODAY for any Junior or Senior interested in colleges in Ireland. You can bring your lunch.
- Friday is the final day to request a course change for next year - fill out the form in the Counseling Office. After Friday, you must wait til August to request a course change.
- Attention all AP Students scheduled to take AP exams. Tomorrow starts the following mandatory pre-administration session. If your last name starts with A thru L, you are scheduled for tomorrow morning at 7:45 a.m. in Malcom Center. If your last name starts with M thru Z, you are scheduled for this Friday, April 27 at 7:45 a.m. in Malcom Center. Please be sure to attend the session you are scheduled for.
- Do not miss the final performances of The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee on Friday and Saturday at 7:00 p.m. Get your tickets today in front of the Cafeteria. Tickets are $10 in advance and $12 at the door.
- Attention NHS Officers: There will be a joint NHS/FLHS officers meeting TODAY during 2nd Lunch in Portable1 to plan for the Induction Ceremony. Please grab your lunches beforehand.
- Attention NHS and FLHS Members: Board applications are now available! If you are interested in serving as an officer in either honor society next year, please pick up an application in Activities and return it there no later than FRIDAY, APRIL 27. Please direct questions about NHS to Ms. Nassir and questions about FLHS to Mrs. Safier. Elections will be held during the joint induction ceremony collaboration on May 3.
- Have too much on your PLATE? Well, get BREADy for some fun! InsBITE of all the craziness, Board Game Club will still be hosting a session this Friday after school in the Cafeteria. We BUTTER see you there!
- Attention Freshman, Sophomores and Juniors - Freshman Retreat Leader Applications have been sent to your Saint Francis email. If you are interested in being a Freshman Retreat leader for the class of 2016, complete the application and turn it in to Campus Ministry by this Friday, May 4. See Mrs. Franco with any questions.
- All Baking Club Members: There will be a Baking Club meeting at lunch this Thursday. Early Lunch meet in Portable 3, Late Lunch meet in Portable 1. This is the LAST meeting of the year, so please come. We will be giving club credit for attending.
- Attention all International Club Members, on Wednesday, April 25 we are going to have our last club meeting of the year. Please come to join us. First Lunch will meet in the Activities Office, Second Lunch will meet in Portable 5. We hope to see you all there! We will be discussing board applications for next year, and we’ll also have details on the DVD from the International Showcase.
- The Melancholy Opus club will be holding its first ever Lancer Voices Poetry Slam Contest. The contest is a team contest, with teams made up of two to three students. There will be three rounds of poetry with a panel of judges made up from teachers, administrators, and students here at Saint Francis. Prizes will be awarded to the first, second, and third place teams. If you’d like to compete the contest will be held at 6:00 p.m. in Graham Theater on May 8. Team sign-up sheets and contest details will be available in both Mr. Kunkel’s room and the Activities Office. Get your team together and sign up. Sign-ups will close this Friday, May 4, or when the contest is full. Contest space is a first come first serve basis. There is currently space for six more teams. Places are filling up quick, so get your signup sheets turned in ASAP!
- Attention iFamily Members: There will be a video conference with Mr. Conley’s daughter who currently lives in China this Friday, April 27 at the start of collaboration in Portable 2. Also, on Friday at 2:45 p.m. in Portable 2, 3 college students from China will be speaking about their education experiences in both China and America. All are welcome!
- The ABC Club will have a guest speaker tomorrow after school in Room 501 after school. All members should attend.
- Applications for the 2012 Spirit Squad are due to Ms. Pasquinelli by Friday. You can download the tryout packet, which includes the application, from the cheerleading section of the school website or pick one up in the Activities Office. Tryouts begin May 1.
- Remember help is just around the corner. CSF Tutors are available today after school in Portable 4 until 3:30 p.m. CSF Tutoring on Thursday has been cancelled due to the Case Studies event for Juniors.
- Varsity and JV Gymnastics meet Lowell High School today at Lowell. Good Luck Girls!
- Here is your Intramural Update!
- Our Co-Ed Single-Elimination Doubles Ping Pong Challenge tournament continues all week during both lunch periods in Gym 2. Contestants; find your partner and check in with your moderators at the start of your lunch period. You will be assigned an opponent to play; find them, and commence play. *Remember; if you signed up for the tournament, you must check in at the start of your lunch period. We will start defaulting players who miss their check in starting on Wednesday.
- Our Early Lunch tournament continues today starting at 11:00 a.m.
- Our Late Lunch tournament continues today starting at 12:30 p.m.
- Good luck to all Ping Pong Challenge Contestants!