Technology Support and iPad Troubleshooting
- The iPad Help Desk is located in Study Room 1 in the Cassin Family Library. The Help Desk is open every school day during collaboration and during both lunch periods.
- During August only the iPad Helpdesk will also be open before school (from 7:15am-7:45am) and after school (from 2:30pm-3:30pm).
- The iPad Helpdesk is staffed by members of the iPad Squad, supported by members of the Technology Services team.
Physical Problems with the iPad
- Loss, theft, damage: Submit the online iPad incident report form ASAP. Then print the email confirmation you will receive, obtain the necessary student and parent signatures and take to the iPad Helpdesk to pick up a replacement iPad.
- Financial liability: Students/parents are responsible for the cost of repairing a damaged iPad or replacing a lost or stolen iPad. If the iPad was damaged by another student, please see the Dean ASAP.
- Damaged iPad: The cost of repairing a damaged iPad is a minimum of $109. The student will be given a replacement iPad from our stock and the orginal iPad will be added to our stock when the repair is completed. Students are not allowed to have their Saint Francis iPad repaired by any other party.
- Cost to replace a lost or stolen iPad: $325 plus $30 for a replacement case. This has been reduced for the 2016-17 school year as our iPads are now in their second year of use.
- Paying for a damaged or lost/stolen iPad: This is charged to the student's SmartTuition account.
- If you have purchased iPad insurance: You will pay the school for the damaged or lost/stolen iPad and then make a claim on your insurance policy. The school is not involved in this process.