Today is a Gold 1 Day Schedule
Now is the time to sign up for clubs! The Activity Fair continues today through Friday at both lunch periods on the Commons Porch. Clubs featured today are: Newspaper, Photography, TAP, Shakespeare, CSM, Anime, iFamily, Economic Research and Squash Club. Sign up – Get Involved!
Students are invited to Morning Prayer every morning, 7:20 a.m. - 7:30 a.m. in the Chapel. It's OK to come late, even if we've started. You are always welcome. Mass is celebrated every Wednesday morning at 7:00 a.m. We especially want to extend an invitation to students. As the season changes and it's darker in the morning, the Chapel is very beautiful in candlelight. Just come in and enjoy the stillness, quiet and prayers that are always offered for your intentions. If you have something or someone special you would like us to pray for, please let Father Tony or Ms. Ruebusch know. Your intentions will be placed on the altar and will be prayed for daily. Hot chocolate and refreshments are always available in the Chaplain's Office following prayer and Mass. Come to the Chapel and enjoy rest, relaxation, peace and prayer. It is a sanctuary prepared especially for you.
- Colleges visiting today are NYU during Second Lunch in the Lobby of the PAC and Northeastern at 1:50 p.m. in Counseling. Seniors need the blue pass from Counseling for the Northeastern presentation.
- Colleges visiting tomorrow are St. Mary's, Scripps, University of British Colombia and the University of St. Andrews, Scotland - all during Second Lunch in Sobrato Commons. St. John's and Whittier will be in Counseling at 2:15 p.m. Sign up on Family Connection.
- We would like to welcome the students who are visiting our school today with the shadow program. We hope you have a great day!
- Are you interested in programming and love solving challenging problems? Drop by today at Room 506 after school for the first Computer Programming Team meeting! We will be discussing competitions and some introductory problems! We hope to see you there!
- Enrollment for BRIC Brothers is open. If interested pick up and application with Brother Sam. Enrollment ends Friday September 26!
- Mindframes Literary Magazine presents this year's first Cafe Mots THIS Thursday in the Little Theatre from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. The Baking Club will be providing excellent treats, as usual. Bring your original poetry, songs and audience enthusiasm--we hope to see you there!
- Here is today’s Street Eats update! Lancer Café is serving Thai Grilled Chili-Garlic Chicken with Rice Noodles and Stir Fry Vegetables. Chicken Noodle made from scratch is today’s soup.
Extra! Extra! All interested writers, artists and photographers - come to the first brainstorming session of our school newspaper, The Lancer, today at 2:15 p.m. in Room 523. Bring your ideas!
- School Pictures are in! If you ordered pictures on Registration Day, please come to the Activities Office today to pick up your pictures.
- Attention Shakespeare Club members and interested students - the Shakespeare Club will meet Friday at the beginning of both lunch periods in the Activities Meeting Room. Plans will be finalized for Meow Meow at Berkeley Rep and Valley of the Heart at Teatro Campesino and the first information on this year's Ashland trip will be presented. Don't miss it!
- Soccer Open Field begins today on the Hospital Field turf immediately after school until 3:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. See Coach O’Connor.
- The Lady Lancer Varsity Tennis team defeated power full Menlo 4-3 in a very important non league match and Presentation 7-0. Good performances from Seniors Illina Yang, Andie Hamm, Jordan Barrett, Jasmine Wong, Amy Burke. Also, good performances from Priyanka Pabari, Christine McCarthy, Cate Liston, Vandana Reddy, Meera Bhargava, Jessica Su, Christine Garver, & Vrinda Vasavada. GREAT GOING GIRLS!
- In non-league action Tuesday, the Girls’ Golf team took down the Presentation Panthers in stunning fashion at Shoreline. Kelly Brugman and Anusha Singh shared medalist honors with a pair of 42’s. Erin Wong and Annika Opsasnick were close behind with 43 and 44 respectively
- Here is your Intramural Update!
- Hey Co-ed Flag Footballers! Our Double-Elimination Co-ed Flag Football Team Tournament continues today through this Thursday on our new practice field at both lunch periods. Captains, please organize your best roster team for on-time performance by checking in with your moderators at the start of your lunch period. Good luck to all teams!
- Our Early lunch game starting at 10:40 a.m. features:
- Yoyos v. Bold And the Beautiful
- Late lunch game starting at 12:10 p.m. features:
- Senior Citizens v. Chew Wish You Were Us!