Monday, December 9th, 2013
Events and Reminders for Dec. 9-16
Dec. 9: Liturgy: Mary Patroness of the Americas
Dec. 11: Winter Band Concert and Reception
6:30 p.m., Performing Arts Center
Dec. 12: Junior Parents - College Testing and Financial Aid Information Night
7 p.m., Performing Arts Center
Dec 13: Applications Due for the Rotary Club's Enterprise Leadership Conference for Juniors. (Please note updated due date)
Dec. 13: Christmas Dance
8-11 p.m., Raskob Gym
Dec. 16: Applications Due for East Coast Colleges Tour for Sophomores and Juniors (Please note updated due date)
College Scholarship Reminder
The scholarship list is updated weekly in Family Connection under the "Colleges" tab. Use your student's login and password or login as a guest with the password: lancer.
Christmas At Our House a Huge Success
- This year's Christmas At Our House was a huge success! Special thanks to Chair Stacy Reitmeir and Co-chair Kim Motogawa for their hard work and leadership.
- This event would not have been possible without the generous homeowners, dedicated members of the committee and volunteers, and hundreds of tour guests.
- Truly a community event, Christmas At Our House will benefit our students for years to come. Thank you!
Save the Date for Auction 2014 “French Knights”
- Ooh La La...Mark your calendars for the year's biggest fundraising event, the Royal Lancer Auction “French Knights,” to be held on Saturday, March 22, 2014.
- Donations of gifts for the silent and live auctions, as well as cash donations of any amount, help to make this event a success. Donations may be accompanied by a donation form and brought to the Andre House, and cash donations can be sent in with an underwriting form.
Have you heard?
- Senior Natalie Eggers was recently selected to attend the FBI San Francisco Teen Academy. More info
- Both boys and girls cross country teams won CCS titles and continued on to the state championships. More info
A Message for Parents
In each short-format weekly parent email, the school will provide tips about connecting with your student in ways that reflect the school's Holy Cross mission and philosophy. This week's tip comes from the Dean’s Office.
Here are a few ways parents can help reduce stress for their children: Be available to talk. Explain to your student the importance of keeping things in perspective. Teach your child to focus on the positive in any situation.