Monday, March 10th, 2014
Events and Reminders for March 10-17
March 10, 11: Sophomore Class Advising
During religion classes
Counselors will focus on wellness, college admissions, standardized testing and college planning.
March 10: Women’s Club Meeting
6:30 p.m., Malcolm Center
Laurie Bodine, who spoke at the January Women's Club meeting, returns to share more insight on parenting to build leadership in our children. A light dinner will be served. RSVP here
March 10: Final Day for Course Registration for Current Freshman and Sophomore Students
March 11: Final Day to Purchase a Yearbook Using Smart Tuition
Fees submitted by March 11 will be included in the April bill, which is the last billing period of the year. Yearbooks purchased after March 11 must be made by cash or check.
March 11: Junior Presentation on “Colleges Outside of California”
7:45 a.m., Performing Arts Center
This is the second in a series of college presentations geared toward juniors.
March 12: ASB Elections
March 12: Early Bird Ticket Deadline for the Auction
Haven't made your auction reservations? You can still take advantage of early reservations pricing through Wednesday! A fun and festive evening awaits you as we transport you to the City of Lights for "French Knights." Lively bidding, delicious food, an open bar and a rock 'n roll band are just some of the elements of this fantastic event that benefits our students. Purchase your tickets online and we will see you there!
March 13: All AP and Honors Course Contracts Due
Contracts are due in the Counseling Office. Late contracts mean the student will be put on a waitlist for the class. Students who do not turn in a course contract will not be placed in the class. Access all contracts online.
March 14-17: No Classes
Reminders for Senior Parents
- College scholarship/honors award information is due April 11.
- Remember to read "Important College Reminders."
Junior Class Advising Presentation
Junior Parents - Save the Date for College Admissions Case Studies Program
The College Admissions Case Studies Program will be held April 10. Watch for an invitation in the mail this week. Reservations forms are due April 3 to the Counseling Office.
Information About the “New” SAT
The SAT will have a new format beginning spring 2016. More info
Academic Office Seeks Volunteers
- The Academic Office is looking for parent volunteers to help proctor the AP Exams in May.
- This volunteer position requires availability during the two-week period from May 5-16.
- If you are interested, please contact Maureen Chenette in the Academic Office at 650 968-1213, ext. 211.
Have you heard?
- Saint Francis coed roller hockey team wins division championship in its first season. More info
- A noted storyteller and historian spoke on the Civil Rights Movement in a presentation sponsored by the International Club and Stand Up! Speak Up! More info
- Swimmers senior Curtis Ogren and sophomore Benjamin Ho break three national prep records. More info
A Message for Parents
In each short-format weekly parent email, the school will provide tips about connecting with your student in ways that reflect the school's Holy Cross mission and philosophy. This week's tip comes from the Athletics Office.
Coaches do what they do because they love the sport and love working with young people. They work hard to teach your sons and daughters the fundamentals of the sport, as well as many valuable life lessons. They appreciate your support more than you know. It is means a lot when parents let them know their their time and effort in working with your children is appreciated.