Monday, April 14th, 2014
Events and Reminders for April 14-28
April 15: Men’s Club
6:30 p.m., Malcolm Center
April 16: A3 Day
April 17-25: No Classes (Easter Break)
Women’s Club Celebration Dinner: April 30
- Held at the historic Del Monte Building in Sunnyvale, this event is a wonderful opportunity to celebrate the accomplishments of the year, honor our 2014 senior moms, thank the 2013-14 Women’s Club Board and welcome the 2014-15 Women’s Club Board.
- Tickets are available now.
Reminder for Seniors: College Decision Day is May 1
- May 1 is the deadline to formally accept an offer of admission from a college.
- A deposit is typically required for students to hold their place. Additional arrangements, such as housing and financial aid, are also often made by this date.
- Review the documents sent by the college for more information on deposits, housing requests and financial aid offers.
Senior Parents: Conditions of Admissions for College
- Please read carefully the “Conditions of Admissions” for the colleges where your student has been admitted. Many colleges set benchmark grades that must appear on the transcript for both Fall and Spring semester of the senior year.
- The University of California and California State University campuses are extremely strict. Failure to comply with the “Conditions of Admissions” will result in a rescinded admission during the summer after the final transcript is received.
- If you think there is a chance that your student may not meet the “Conditions of Admissions” by the end of this semester in any of his/her current senior courses, it is better to contact a college now, and find out if the admissions will still stand once the final transcript is received. It is better to know that now, and it may influence the college where you decide to send your final admission deposit.
- Colleges would much rather hear directly from the admitted student NOW if the “Conditions for Admissions” may not be met. The worst case would be for a student to be admitted, turn in a deposit by May 1, and then be notified after the final transcript is received that the admission has been rescinded.
Academic Office Seeks Volunteers
- The Academic Office is looking for parent volunteers to help proctor the AP Exams in May.
- This volunteer position requires availability during the two-week period from May 5-16.
- If you are interested, please contact Maureen Chenette in the Academic Office at 650 968-1213, ext. 211.
Physical Exam Day: May 17
9 a.m. - 12 p.m., Palo Alto Medical Foundation, Los Altos
- The Saint Francis High School Athletic Department is sponsoring a Physical Examination Event. This examination will be very thorough, conducted by physicians, orthopedic surgeons and physical therapists.
Have you heard?
- Sophomore Tessa Divita took first place in an international equestrian vaulting competition. More info
- Senior Timothy Tsang is a Chemistry Olympiad finalist. More info
- Lancers had fun with dress-up themes and activities during Spring Spirit Week. More info
A Message for Parents
In each short-format weekly parent email, the school will provide tips about connecting with your student in ways that reflect the school's Holy Cross mission and philosophy. This week's tip comes from Campus Ministry.
It is crucial to remember that we are mind, body and spirit. We are called to pay greater attention to that which is not visible, the spirit, which needs its own time for nurturing, exercise and attention.