Fun Facts About the Band
- There are close to 100 students involved with the bands at Saint Francis.
- Saint Francis and the "Brothers of the Holy Cross" have a very strong tradition of music throughout the world.
- Each year at Saint Francis, more arts courses are offered and updated to stay on top of current trends and meet students demand.
- The bands at Saint Francis receive top ratings at festivals, including first place awards for the Jazz and Symphonic Bands.
- Saint Francis is one of the only Catholic High Schools in the South Bay with a full Marching Band, Drum-line and Color Guard and ID Guard.
- The advanced ensembles at Saint Francis go on tour each year and make several public appearances throughout the state of California. Past appearances include tours to Seattle, Vancouver, Australia and New York City.
- Members of the bands have the opportunity to perform in smaller classical ensembles, Jazz Combos and the Orchestra Pit for our school musicals each year.
- Saint Francis music students perform in the state-of-the-art, 400+ seat Performing Arts Center completed in 2009.
- Many colleges and universities look at consistent involvement in band as a plus. We have sent band students to UC Berkeley, University of Notre Dame, UCLA, Ball State University, UCSB and Stanford University (just to name a few) to get a great education and ...to PLAY IN THE BAND.
- Being a part of the Saint Francis High School tradition of excellence and choosing to participate in the band is the BEST DECISION YOU CAN MAKE!
Ms. Danna Mitchell
(650) 968-1213, ext. 241