Using Online Bill Pay to Make Payments to Smart Tuition
Three things you should know when using your bank’s online bill pay to make payments to Smart Tuition:
Need to Know #1 – Banks process and send checks to Smart Tuition via standard U.S. Mail.
- Banks do not track checks sent through standard U.S. Mail.
- Please allow at least 7 business days for delivery when setting up your payments.
Need to Know #2 – Funds withdrawn from your bank account does not mean Smart Tuition has received and processed those funds.
- Some banks will remove the funds from your bank account on the selected “Deliver By” date, regardless if the check has not been received by Smart Tuition.
- Other banks will remove the funds from your bank account once Smart Tuition receives and processes the check.
Need to Know # 3 – Where your bank mails their checks from.
- Many banks use a central processing center for creating and sending checks.
- A bank’s processing location may be located on the east coast, which could cause delivery delays when sending a payment to Smart Tuition’s Los Angeles P.O. Box. If that is the case, please have your payments sent to the East Coast payment processing address:
Newark, NJ 07101-4731
Smart Tuition offers many convenient and immediate payment options, such as pay by phone 24/7 at (888) 868-8828, pay online at www.parents.smarttuition.com, or an automatic debit option, which gives you the ability to have payments automatically withdrawn from your bank account/credit card. Please contact Smart Tuition at (888) 868-8828 to learn more about these payment options.
If you choose to continue to use your Bank’s Online Bill Pay, please contact your bank directly to find out how their online bill pay process works, so that you can ensure timely delivery of your payments.