Welcome to Saint Francis!
It is an ancient tradition in the Church to communicate in written word important messages. I am writing to all of you to ask for your prayerful assistance as I undertake this new position as the interim president of Saint Francis High School. I wish to publicly thank the Brothers of Holy Cross, the Board of Directors and the Bishop of San Jose for placing their confidence in me. It is with constant prayer and communion with God that I intend to serve this community that I so much love.
There is a grand history of servant-leadership here at Saint Francis, and we — the Board of Directors, administration and faculty and staff — stand on the shoulders of those committed men and women of the Congregation of Holy Cross who have left us a rich legacy of alumni who have gone forth to serve the greater world. This continues to be our mission today at Saint Francis High School in 2018.
As a community, we have much to look forward to in the coming months. At the heart of this work is our commitment to our Catholic, Holy Cross mission and values and our school's strategic plan, Leading with Hope and Zeal. I share below a list of the most significant upcoming projects and events underway.
- School Accreditation Visit - We have developed our comprehensive self-study and school improvement plan, a two-year process which involved the full community. The visiting committee will be on campus Feb. 25-28. We will share the outcome of that visit with the community the week of March 5 via email.
- Principal Search - The three finalists for the position have been identified. Please look for an email invitation for opportunities to meet and evaluate the candidates early next month.
- President Search - The Board is forming a search committee that will oversee the process. Please look for an email in the coming weeks with more information that will include the opportunity statement and timeline.
- Educational Technology - The school is purchasing new iPads this spring which will be issued to every student and faculty member in the fall, marking the school's seventh year of the 1:1 iPad program.
- Long-term Planning & Campus Improvements - In partnership with the Board of Directors, we are developing a three-year budget and finalizing the campus master plan this spring. Over the summer, the 600 Building will be remodeled and the synthetic turf on Higgins Field will be replaced.
- Lancer Auction, March 24 - I hope you can join me for our festive gathering to raise funds for our financial aid programs which enrich the educational experience for everyone.
Please know that I will be dedicated to this venture for as long as I am needed. It is indeed an honor to serve you all and a privilege to continue the great work of the formation of Holy Cross Men and Women in the spirit of the Congregation of Holy Cross, for without them and their sacrifice and dedication we would not be here today.
Again, I ask for your prayers for me and for all the great and wonderful people that work in collaboration as we strive to be the best possible institution of learning for all those who are entrusted to our care.
Fr. Tony Mancuso, Chaplain, Interim President