Confirmation at Saint Francis High School
Saint Francis High School offers this program to Catholic students who are Senior Holy Cross Men and Women. The program is meant to serve those students who missed or are not enrolled in their parish’s Confirmation program. It is not meant as an alternative to Confirmation in the parish.
As a participant in this program the student must complete the requirements and supply required records.
Questions? Please call Mary Ann Ruebusch in Campus Ministry (650) 968-1213 ext. 292.
- Baptized Roman Catholic who has received First Communion
- Practicing Roman Catholic. This means regular attendance at mass in a parish on Sunday. We also strongly encourage you to attend the youth group at your parish.
- Intend to continue to practice your faith through prayer and a life committed to the gospel of Christ
- Senior student
- Recommendations from your religious studies teacher and your Parish Pastor
- Your original Baptismal certificate with parish seal imprinted. (We will return it to you.)
- A readable copy of your First Communion certificate (original not needed)
- A signed copy of the “Pastor’s Permission Form” (in packet)
- The completed Application form for Confirmation (in packet)
- Recommendation form from current Religious Studies teacher (in packet)
- Signed permission slip for the Confirmation Workshop (in packet)
- $250 non-refundable program fee (includes workshop, but not additional retreat)
- Confirmation Workshop (data TBA). This mandatory workshop will be on a Saturday during eary first semester.
- One Holy Cross Senior retreat during the school year before Confirmation
- Mandatory monthly small faith community gatherings.
- Sponsor afternoon reflection (Sunday afternoon-date in 2nd semester TBD)
- Attend Triduum (Holy Thursday, Good Friday, and Easter Vigil) Liturgies at home parish.
- Confirmation Rehearsal
- Confirmation Mass