High School FAQ
Although you will most likely find your questions answered here, if you have any additional questions, please feel free to contact us:
- What do I need to provide for admission to your High School program? For example, transcript/grades from our current school? Does my student need to take a placement exam?
- Will my high school accept this credit? How will they recieve the grade?
- What must I do to earn credit for a course? / How many credits do I get for each class?
- What courses do you offer?
- How much homework is assigned? How long will it take me to complete it?
- How often do I have to attend in order to receive credit for a high school course? / How many absences are permitted to still receive credit?
- The attendance policy is too restrictive! Isn’t there something we can do?
- Can a Final Exam be rescheduled, such as to accommodate a planned absence?
- My student is trying to advance / “jump” through a year of a subject, such as Geometry or Chemistry. Which courses do I need to register for?
- My student attends Saint Francis and would like to take a course? Will they be granted credit?
- How many classes can my student take?
- Is it possible to take one semester, but not the other?
- How many students go to Saint Francis Summer School? How many students are in a class? What’s the student-teacher ratio?
- Do other students from my high school attend Summer at Saint Francis?
- Can a student’s grades be viewed online throughout the Summer?
- What is the grading scale for my child’s course?
- Is food available for high school students?
- What materials does a student need to purchase or bring to class? Do we need to purchase a textbook?
- Are Summer Saint Francis teachers credentialed? Are they all Saint Francis teachers?
- What accommodations are available for students with IEPs and / or 504 plans?
- I have chosen not to attend Summer at Saint Francis, and would like to withdraw my student and receive a refund. What should I do?