Dining & Wellness
The Lancer Cafe, open before, during and after school, offers students healthy options. The Lancer Cafe is staffed by Epicurean Group, the team behind the meals at Saint Francis.
The Lancer Café strives to:
- Provide the highest-quality food and dining experience
- Encourage and support teamwork to complete every task
- Maintain a safe work environment
- Create an atmosphere that encourages all community members to take responsibility, make positive changes, and share new ideas, understanding that failure is part of the learning and growing cycle
- Prepare food in an environmentally responsible manner
Epicurean Group sources seasonal, local, organic fruits and vegetables and partners with local growers and artisan producers. Seafood is purchased according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch guidelines, and only only the most sustainable grass-fed beef and free-range chicken with no antibiotics or rBGH is used to prepare meals. Additionally, all the stocks, dressings and sauces are made in-house.
Food education and environmental responsibility are values important to Epicurean Group, and the company was awarded the 2017 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award for waste management and reduction. Epicurean Group is a participating member of the global Slow Food organization and supports its local education and advocacy efforts.