The Cassin Family Library supports the instructional philosophy and curricular goals of the school by educating students to become effective users of information who express Holy Cross values.
Our students will be equipped to find, evaluate, organize, use, and communicate information in its various formats in order to become effective lifelong learners able to independently problem solve and make decisions. Our students will recognize their individual experience while empathizing with the lives of people with different cultures and identities as reflected through works in the collection, library programs and instructional support.
The goals of the library are to:
- Ensure that students graduate as competent and ethical users of information technologies with strong intellectual curiosity and a life-long love of reading, learning, and independent thinking.
- Develop a diverse collection of library resources and services with a range of perspectives, that respect and embrace each student's individuality.
- Support each student’s level of ability by developing services and tools to meet varying learning needs.
- Provide students access to materials needed to successfully complete homework and assignments regardless of personal financial resources.
- Encourage students to learn about themselves as well as those with different life experiences through literature, programs and services.
- Foster a community of collaboration, working with both teachers and students to develop critical users of quality information.
- Create and foster an environment that is welcoming and safe, where all students feel respected as individuals.
Connect with Us
Follow our Library social media for the latest updates!