The Block Schedule
Preparing for college begins in high school. That is why we use a proven model of success: the block schedule.
This structure mimics a true college model with alternating classes throughout the week. Graduates tell us this model helped them transition to college with confidence and gave them the tools to better manage college-level course work.
- Classes meet for 80 minutes every other day
- Longer periods allow for interactive in-depth discussions and group activities
- Collaboration is a built-in period to meet with teachers, study with classmates, work on projects, or do homework
- After a 60-minute collaboration period held every other day, school begins at 9:20 a.m.
- The schedule develops organizational and time management skills
- This model offers flexibility and additional time to students dedicated to extracurricular responsibilities
- Attending classes and completing homework on alternate days mirror a true college environment
- This revised version of the block schedule was implemented in Fall 2017 with student wellness in mind
Alternating Day Bell Schedule
Activity Bell Schedule