The online application for the class of 2024 will be available in Ravenna in October of 2019. We are no longer accepting applications for the class of 2023.
Students who submitted an application by the deadline may log in to their ravenna account and view the status of their application.
The High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Registration for the HSPT is part of our online application. Should you register to take the HSPT at Saint Francis, you will automatically be enrolled for the date that you choose on the application (we guarantee you a spot for that date).
- Saint Francis will offer the HSPT on January 11, 2020 and January 25, 2020.
- Families that register to take the HSPT at Saint Francis will receive a confirmation email with more details about the test in late December.
- Applicants applying to more than one Catholic high school in the San Jose, Oakland or San Francisco dioceses may take the exam only once.
- If you plan to take the test at a site other than Saint Francis, you must register directly with that alternate site.
To address the issue of choice, high schools in the Diocese of San Jose ask that students take the HSPT at the high school that they would most like to attend in the fall.
Every applicant is required to sign up for an interview as part of the online application process. During this casual 15-minute interview, students will have an opportunity to talk with a Saint Francis teacher or administrator about their interests and goals for high school.
Interviews will be offered in mid January, 2020 and will take place from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. Students will register for their interview on the online application.
- Saint Francis requires two academic letters of recommendation. These letters may be completed by one of the following people: principal, counselor or 8th grade teacher of a core subject (English, math, social studies, etc.)
- These letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically with the online application.
- Non-academic letters of recommendation are not required, but if you would like to submit one, we will add it to the applicant’s file.
All applicants need to submit their transcripts from 7th grade and the first semester of 8th grade. Please print and complete the Request for Academic Records Form (available on your student's Ravenna profile) and give it to your school's registrar.
The transcripts need to be either submitted electronically or mailed directly to Saint Francis High School.
The Transfer Application for the 2020-2021 school year will be available through Ravenna in February 2020. The application is due on Monday, April 6, 2020. The transfer application includes the following items:
-Two Academic Letters of Recommendation
-High School Transcript
Admissions decisions are rolling and will be communicated via email and mail.