We are thrilled that you are interested in Saint Francis!
The online application for the class of 2026 will be available on Thursday, October 7, 2021. Families need to create an account in Ravenna Hub to access the application. If you have any questions please contact email@example.com.
The application process includes five parts:
- Online application
- High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- Two academic letters of recommendation
- 7th and 8th grade transcripts
The first step of the application process is creating an account through Ravenna Hub.
After you create your account with Ravenna Solutions, select San Francisco Bay Area as your school region and search for Saint Francis High School.
The Online Application includes extracurricular interests, three essays, and registration for the HSPT and interview. This application will be available on Thursday, October 7 and is due on Friday, December 10.
The High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The HSPT is an entrance exam that is a required part of the application process for all 8th grade applicants. Students applying to more than one Catholic high school in the San Jose, Oakland or San Francisco Dioceses may take the exam only once.
Students interested in taking the HSPT at Saint Francis High School will register to take the exam as part of the online application (there is no additional registration necessary).
Saint Francis is offering the exam on Saturday, January 8 and Saturday, January 22 from 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Students will indicate which high school(s) should receive their test scores as part of the exam.
Every applicant is required to sign up for an interview as part of the online application process. During this casual 15-minute interview, students will have an opportunity to talk with a Saint Francis teacher or administrator about their interests and goals for high school.
Interviews will be offered on campus from 5:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m. on Tuesday, January 18, Thursday, January 20, and on Tuesday, January 25. There will also be a zoom interview option as well.
Students will register for their interview as part of the online application that is available in October.
Academic Letters of Recommendation
- Saint Francis requires two academic letters of recommendation. These letters may be completed by one of the following people: principal, counselor or 7th or 8th grade teacher of a core subject (English, math, social studies, etc.)
- These letters of recommendation must be submitted electronically with the online application.
- Non-academic letters of recommendation are not required, but if you would like to submit one, we will add it to the applicant’s file.
- The deadline to submit letters of recommendation is Wednesday, February 2.
Saint Francis requires students submit a copy of their 7th and 8th grade transcript.
Please print and complete the Request for Academic Records Form (available on your student's Ravenna profile) and give it to your school's registrar.
The transcripts need to be either submitted electronically or e-mailed directly to Saint Francis High School.
The student transcript must be submitted by Wednesday, February 2.